Beach sessions have become my most popular session. My clients often ask what to wear. Great question!
Your attire depends on your purpose, your group. It’s about you and your guests on the beach with beautiful sand, water, sky. These sessions are all about your natural beauty and personality in a beautiful beach lifestyle environment. I am there as the photographer and will take the images in whatever you are wearing. Let’s cover basics and some tips:
- Shoes: Wear shoes you can take off easily and / or get wet. I occasionally get men wearing very nice sneakers. That is fine. It does look nice. It’s your look. They’re going to get sandy. You will probably want to take them off. Beware: there are sand spurs made by our beloved sea oats that we shoot with in the dunes. You will want shoes in those areas. Sand spurs are craziest in late summer.
- Light colors and coastal feeling wardrobe: Typically when you see beach session images you will see light solid colored clothing. This makes you and / or your relationship with your group the focus without a lot of distractions. Again I would not recommend big bold prints but this is really about you – not me. Dark colors are ok but if it’s a group let’s try get everyone on a similar page. You can see how prints can work in the images below.
- Don’t be too casual. I would not recommend a graphic t-shirt here. These are high quality images you will be looking at for the rest of your life remembering this time.
- Pants and dresses: You will probably be getting at least your feet in which will get the bottom of your pants or long dresses wet. Long pants and dresses give a more formal, high end, less casual feel.
- Maternity: long flowy dresses in the wind and water make you look like a queen! A goddess!
- Satins, sheers, long flowing dresses! For the ladies – those satin pieces pop with my lighting! For that dreamy feel those sheer dresses are always a wow. Again, long dresses will get wet at the bottom but they take it to another level flowing with the wind and water.
- Family groups: Mixing a lot of big bold prints can get kinda funky. Usually my families stay in the light solid colors. Commonly you see family groups stick to the basics of khakis and whites because usually everyone has that. It’s very Florida lifestyle. They might tie everyone together with an accent color like a blue or a coral.
- Solos! If you are getting a solo session – be you and be your purpose. It might be for dating apps, or social media, which is often a more appealing look. Or it could be a gift or an image for your home. You do YOU! If your purpose is look hott, think about being in a swimsuit in the sand and water and let’s do it! Bring something to throw on top of the suit too.
- Changing clothes: If you’re planning on changing clothes think about how to do it quickly on the beach without having to spend time going to the restroom. No one is really paying attention to anyone. It’s not a big deal to change under a robe, towel or whatever. Or plan the clothing to be added over the first outfit.
- Getting in!!!!!!!!! Do you want to get in?! If you want to get a little further in the water please let me know. I am so down!